The practice of general dentistry is not only limited to everyday dental concerns, but extends to dental treatment and maintenance, while also encompassing oral healthcare issues. Understanding general medical problems and treatment procedures is essential to the practice of (surgical) dentistry, and this allows us to assess possible patient risks before providing you with any treatment. On the other hand, good oral care is essential for your overall health because your body can suffer further problems simply through poor oral hygiene.
Therefore, in addition to the restoration or replacement of teeth, the detection, prevention and treatment of oral diseases must also be addressed.
We offer a wide range of treatments to cover any of your dental or oral problems:
- Composite fillings for decay, fractures or general wear and tear;
- Inlay or onlay fittings;
- Root canal treatment (endodontics) for pulpitis or periapical infections;
- Gum treatment (periodontics) for gingivitis or periodontitis;
- Surgery, such as tooth extraction or apicoectomy;
- Occlusal splints for teeth grinding (bruxism);
- Treatment of temporomandibular joint dysfunction;
- Treatment for bad breath (halitosis);
- Treatment for dental hypersensitivity;
- Descaling and dental hygiene instruction;
- Custom made mouth guards for sports.
In order to avoid the risk of acquiring these dental or oral problems, it is essential that you adopt good eating habits and also take care of your dental hygiene. These are the key factors for good oral health. We recommend that you book an appointment with our practice twice a year for check-ups and professional hygiene treatments.